Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Optimizing swf files

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozzie12

Programmer
Nov 9, 2007
CA
I've just finished my new website at www.clearlygreendesign.com and have been getting pretty positive feedback for the most part. I've had a few comments about slow loading times for swf files and am wondering if there is a way to optimize/compress the final swf file so it loads quicker without having to redo the entire site. I'm hoping there's a special trick or optimizing software out there to make the this easy...:)

It's fast on my wireless connnection as well. I'm not sure what the issue is. I've had a couple of comments about the load time from a friend working in a high tech company (one would think that she would have a turbo connection!) and a family member with wireless comparable to mine. I am interested though, I have Googled Flash optimizing software and have discovered a few options out there. In particular, I have noticed this and am wondering is you or anyone out there may have some feedback about these types of products.

I don't have any experience with such optimizing applications, especially for Macs... In fact, I'm not even in this web business, so I should just shut up!

But Flash & Macs have never been the best of friends!

On an unrelated side note... Found these last night... Had a good laugh!

Regards. FLASH HELP - OPENED FOR BUSINESS!
TO GET YOUR OWN FREE WEBSITE HOSTING

Oh yes....that innocent looking rainbow coloured icon that all Mac users fear...myself included.

Thanks for the laugh...although I initially shuddered in fear when I saw the "marble of doom". It looks so BIG!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back