Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OPTIMIZING GIF PHOTO WITH HIGH QUALITY 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

soum

Programmer
Oct 18, 2000
BE
Hi everyone
I am trying to reduce the volume of my gif photo but i am loosing the quality.All my photos are too heavy.I am using photo shop 6.0,& "gif movie gear".You can go and check on my web site: .Thank you

Hi soum,

I took a look at your page. I think that you've done a pretty good job with the size/quality trade-off, maybe you should consider whether or not you need the animated gifs. If you didn't you would be able to use JPEG compression and maintain some of the smooth transitions. If you still wanted some movement in the page you could use some javascript to cycle through a few JPEGS.

Any you could try playing around with Photoshop 6.0's variable compression settings (where you use an alpha mask to specify areas of higher quality). This can shave of a few extra bytes.

Good luck

gollyg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back