Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Optimiser problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveyUK

Technical User
Mar 1, 2004
GB
Anyone had any issues with optimiser on DMX boxes ?
Like, does it work ? We are in a test stage and at the moment it isn't going to plan.

Cheers,

Steve

Hi Steve,
what is the configuration on the DMX. Optimizer does not work with parity raid devices.
Colin

Mainframe mix of Raid1 and Raid5.

Cheers,

Steve

Colin,

Are you sure it doesn't work with Raid 5 ?
How current is your information ?
Have you documented proof it doesn't work, if yes I'd like a copy of it....please

Cheers,

Steve

Hi Steve,
I said parity Raid, I don't believe that EMC calls Raid 5 parity raid. The Parity Raid stuff is the 3+1 and 7+1, that EMC brought out as an interim solution before they cracked Raid/5, I'm sure you will be able to download the whitpaper yourself from powerlink or even search for Raid/5. Raid/5 does work with Optimizer, its with Parity Raid that it doesn't work.
BTW my information is current.
all the best,
Colin

Hi Steve,
can you describe what the issue is exactly? There are lots of logs on the service processor specifically that deal with optimizer. Off the top of my head I can't recall the directory path, but it is quite obvious once you start looking at it, also there is a symapi server on the service processor, if that has hung you may find that optimizer does not work,. First port of call I would recommend to be primus or powerlink and put in any error messages you recieve,
all the best,
Colin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back