Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Optimised routes and LCR

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekhtel

Technical User
May 19, 2003
GB
Consider two switches on a DPNSS network in different STD code areas. One level 6.1 and the other 6.3

Both switches use LCR to prefix our carrier digits without a problem.

If I set up an optimised route from one switch to the other so that we get local rate calls, the switch does not apply the LCR to the tandem calls.

The LCR flag is set to Y on the DPNSS trunk main groups.

Can anyone help?

You should use LCR at the originating node to route the calls to the transit node and then use the LCR at the transit node to send the call out to the public network.
Add the relevant digits at the originating node to the LCR digit table (ALDT) and point them to a route list (RLDT) which in turn points to a carrier route (RRL) with a NEP equal to the DPNSS access code plus the primary access code of the transit node, (NCRT to create the accrier route).

DPNSS MG Code = 712
Primary code (transit node) = 0
NEP =7120

Make sure the attribute send is set to MF4 on the carrier route.

Make sure patch 3337X has been fitted.

Cann't remember the patch numbers for the
different S/W releases, I think 33372 is for 6.2/6.3.
"To allow PSTN and IPBX trunks to undergo Least Cost Routing providing the LCR flag is set for the Main Group. "

My course notes from Beeston suggest Route Optimisation dioesn't mix well with LCR. Or, perhaps I missed that bit.

it's been a while but I always used translation tables to do my route optimization.
so if switch a dials area code for b translation table converts the 9xxxx to the access code for switch b and then switch b translation table breaks it out locally.
Probably out of date now as I haven't worked on realitis since 6.0 but I liked it as it is logical and you can see whats going on. Bit complicated to set up though on big networks.

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back