Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Optimazation Messes Up The Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

nawaf

Programmer
Jun 11, 2001
KW
HeLLo,
I've built a program that uses floating number calculations excessively, the program works all right in the debug configuration, but, when I turn it to release configuration, the results are all messed up, I can't debug in the release version, but in the debug version there are no errors, I know that the optimizing compiler can rearrange the equation, but this is not supposed to alter the final result. Can anybody tell me, why is this happening?!
Thanks
Sincerely,
Nawaf Arhamah

the debug version is output in other directory. Try to see that directory. Also pay attention on asserts. In release mode they do nothing. John Fill
1c.bmp

ivfmd@mail.md

It's not the optmization, I just figured out, I turned off the optimization, but still the problemm arises, I'm sure it's not the directory or asserts, there is a hidden problem, I don't know where it is, the output in the debug is in range 1 ~ 10 but in the release is very large, I don't know why, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back