Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opt61C D channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmcook

IS-IT--Management
Apr 7, 2011
US
Opt61C with a qpc720C card. Customer needs to add a D channel for PRI conversion. Software rev is 23.55. What are their options? I understand their is a daughter card involved but also that the qpc720F may have the D channel built in but will it work with that software rev?

The QPC720 does not have the capability of a daughterboard for the D-channel. You have to use an MSDL card with the appropriate cable. You also have to have licenses for this. And what the hell are they still doing on 23.55??????????

hey are a government contractor and the feds will not pay for any upgrades.

I see, you probably cant even get the licenses for 23.55 if you need them. However, you may not need them.

Is there a resource where I can get this information? I am just gathering information for my customer but I will not be handling the installation.

You are going to have to have the ISDN Packages but I cant remember what they are off the top of my head. And of course you will need the associated hardware and a vacant slot for the MSDL Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back