Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opt11 Meridian 1 sending warning at boot proccess - Unable to find statrup script

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtony2976

Systems Engineer
Apr 24, 2020
MX
Hello to everyone.

I have an old Opt11 Meridian 1 cabinet to connect M3903 ENHANCED RL2 PLATINIUM phones (NTMN33FB66), also known as the Meridian Option M3903 or the Nortel Meridian M3903. Compatible Platforms: Meridian 1, Meridian SL-100.

But, it has begun to have problems with connections. Sometimes phones can be used sometimes not. And what people have been doing is to power off/on the cabinet and the connection is reestablished.

However, yesterday the cabinet started to send the following warning messages in the Procomm terminal:

to_tek-tips_p9si9g.jpg

And the phones don't work anymore.

My knowledge about how this equipment works is very limited. So my question is if those warning messages are related to the following hardware in the yellow box which is in the SCC card:

IMG_20200820_112238488_bj7123.jpg

These are the card in the Meridian 1:

cabinet_yhkjo1.jpg

Is there a way to recover the startup script?

Another question, the M3903 can be used with a BCM50 unit?

What you need to do is to try to access the "pdt" area from the TTY port. I can't tell you the password, but do a search for it on line.

If you get an error message saying something such as "unable to access c:/u etc", then it means that the daughter board that houses the software that you has already highlighted is corrupted.

This means that the system will need to have the software loaded in via a PCMCIA card in slot A on the SSC CPU. You will also need to have all the keycodes and parameters etc.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

I forgot to add that the M3903 phone cannot be used on a BCM phone system.

Do you have a PCMCIA type 1 card no larger than 128 megs and also the keycode sheet?.

Firebird Scrambler

Website = linkedin

Hi, Firebird Scrambler

Thanks for the information.

I checked for the error message saying something like "unable to access c:/u etc", but I only saw messages like "Error creating patch retention file "c:/u/patch/reten/reten.pch""

That could mean that the daughter board could not be corrupted?

I include as an attachment the file with the information I get when I turn on the system.

I have this PCMCIA card :

PCMCIA_card_ei62gc.jpg

but I don't know what you mean by the keycodes sheet and parameters.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=6dd56a16-f868-4dd7-94ae-833e408b4ede&file=Meridian1-Nortel.txt
Hi,

Now I know what are the keycodes. Those are licenses or something like that, right?

I don't have the keycodes.

No worries

Please refer to this recent post that I replied on

What you need to do is to follow the areas to access and capture the information as all of it will be needed from TTY 0.

You will also need to access the Option 11c system and do a backup onto the pcmcia card and also your computer via the serial port.

It's best to have this all done before attempting to reload the software in case it goes wrong.

Firebird Scrambler

Website = linkedin

Hi Firebird

To let you know, I've been trying to do what is on the post but when I power up the cabinet I cannot log in. It keeps booting and displaying the warning messages again and again like in a loop.

Yesterday, I found a procedure when OPT11 is stuck in INI loop. I did that early today and now the cabinet is booting like before.
This is the link I found:
The only thing is that I don't have the software distribution PCMCIA card so I didn't put anything in slot A.

So, I want to assume that the procedure works and there was no need to reinstall the software.

I include a boot log file as an attachment, could you please take a look at it? At the end of the file, you can see that I'm using some commands to display de serial number phone (or something like that) I'm not sure. However, a message of "NO SET TO DOWN LOAD" shows up.

I have a phone connected like in the images below but it doesn't turn up.

image_1_jpvhcp.jpg

Following image shows the cards in the cabinet and as you can see the LED in the Digital Line Cards stays on and red. I think that means there is an error.

IMG_20200827_091256965_l6veme.jpg

The following image shows that the patch panel I'm using is connected to slot 3 which is one of the Digital Line Cards.

IMG_20200827_091423068_adnbg7.jpg

However, the phone is off.

IMG_20200827_091410402_gtwqu1.jpg

So, do you have an idea what could be the cause that is making the phone not turn on?

Thanks in advance.
Regards.

I think it is best to get someone to look at it. If I had remote access via TTY 0, then I would try a few tricks to log in and take a look.

The extension cards usually show as red if they have no digital extensions connected or if the expansion cabinet is down.

Firebird Scrambler

Website = linkedin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back