Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OPT11 ACD printer/Terminal

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwicks

Technical User
Jan 14, 2005
We have a two cabinet OPT11C rls 25. We cannot seem to get the ACD terminal and printer to work.

We are using tty 1 (Printer)on the main cabinet (Null mdm adapter) and the tty (Terminal) on the expanison cabinet (No Null mdm adapter)

Printer set up 9600/8/n/1
Terminal set up 9600/8/n/1

The SCB is set up to run every 30 min on TTY 1 and the STIO in the ACDN is set up for TTY 3.

Any help would be appreciated.

do you have user correct in that tty? also from the term, ld 37 tty x to test the tty
The SCB is set up to run every 30 min on TTY 1 and the STIO in the ACDN is set up for TTY 3.

is that a type-0 the two tty's need to match

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

JOHN I THINK HE'S SAYING THAT HE'S TRYING TO RUN THE REPORTS ON TTY 1 AND THE STATUS DISPLAY ON TTY3, THE SUPY TERMINAL. DO LIKE JOHN SAYS GO TO LD 37 AND DO A TEST ON EACH TTY

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

On the main cabinet tty1 I do get the test scrolled on the screen but not on the second cabinet tty port.

I thought the Supv Terminal needed to be set up with a specific Baud/bit/parity (which I do not know) and I am thinking that is why the test does not work on the second cabinet tty.
I have tried a few different combinations with no success.

I appreciate your help John and Perry.

if the test does not work, then it's normally layer 1.. until you get that tty to print the test, it's not software, usually... check you cables (nt number) you may not need the null.. 8 none and one, 9600 is normal and best if you use it on all apps unless you have a reason to change it.. i do run one term at 19.2 for script files.. back in the day, other techs couldn't understand me changing them from 300, said i could read thatg fast anyway..stuff change

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back