Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opt 11C will not invoke a data dump 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herbasaur

Technical User
Aug 13, 2012
US
Hey all, I'm a first timer here. I've seen some great threads from this group when Googling issues. I have a duzzie and need proper direction. Our dial up option to the MerMail card option somehow became locked up (usually a new hire will ethernet into the PBX, then type AX and lock up the port). The only way to clear it has been to invoke a sysload. (an INI has never cleared it). We did that, however, we somehow lost the main terminal on TTY 0 and the remote ethernet connection on TTY 15. I dialed in using Crosstalk and checked LD 17 ADAN TTYs and noticed the programming seemed different. I could not make any changes or out anything in LD 17, nor to my dismay could I invoke a data dump....no go. bad data. LD 37 does not even show TTY 0 or TTY 15 at all. SWEET! Shortley after I noticed an error code AMLM0024...no response from the ESDI card. That would be the SSC right? I do have an archived database (several others as well) that took before we did the nasty (sysload). If my terminal worked, I could reload the last back up. The terminal is verifed as good since it is shared through an A/B box with another Opt 11C PBX.

Sholud I try turning down the system, and reseat the SSC card, boot up and try an EDD CLR from dial up? What's the difference between an EDD CLR and an EDD NBK?

Thanks to all,

Herbasaur

The AMLM code on ESDI has to do with the Meridian mail processor, not the SSC. As for the EDD issue, try EDD CLR in LD 43. If successful, then EDD.

EDD CLR cures the symptom not the problem, No GO Bad Data means that the data corruption flag has been set, therefore the Meridian won't back up the corruption, EDD CLR just gets it to ignore the corruption flag. The dilema is whether it is real corruption, or just the flag being set. Have you done a DAT in LD 43, this will show you what backups are currently on system. If you havent done much reconfiguration since last backup, a reload will restore it to the last back up before the data corruption occured. You could also choose to use one of the other backups shown by DAT using SWP, or restore from flash via upgrade menu in LD 143.

You are right......unfortunately. I HAD been able to access the PBX using Crosstalk a few days ago, however, I can no longer do that now. I'm pretty much dead in the water. I can still access the MerMail voicemail prompt and express Messaging. The PBX appears to be functional, but I have no means to access it. I suppose a sysload is the only thing left to do. If I can not get TTY 0 up, I assume that I cannot load an archive, nor can I reload software of any kind right?

Herbasaur

A Note on the Meridian Mail thing, If someone accesses it typing AX, you can try to end the sessionby pressing -> " Ctrl + ] "

If it gets locked up. You can go to LD 37> Stat TTY
Check if anything shows BUSY. Then do a DIS tty X and ENL tty x, that should clear up the lockup to MMail.

And for the LD 17 , Cannot make a change / Or invoke datadump, guess it is a corruption, you can try a ..

intelligentium, been there done that as far as the "Ctrl + }" Logging in to the PBX is out of the question....all forms of access are dead or not working. We are going to perform a sysload toward the end of the week unless the PBX ceases all call processing. I work in Central Florida and we've had some pretty severe thunderstorms over the last two weeks or so. It may have been tagged. Lost a few loops and a controller card on an Opt 81 FNF a block away three weeks back. Can't wait for fall.

What you need to do is to see if you can access "pdt". From there check the c:/u/db folder for database.rec & *.bak files.

If you see anything such as ..

problems accessing C:\ etc, then the daughterboard is corrupted and needs to be reloaded again.

Please refer to my old guide

Also see if you can do e.g. "rdtail all" to list out all the history to help fault finding.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

firebirdscrambler, how do you access pdt? Is that a port accessed using an ethernet based program?

To get back to the PBX from Mermail the command is to press the Ctrl key and ] NOT }.

It's a phone system, NOT a clock!

dbmcdonakl99, I mistyped my reply. I did use control + right brackett. Since I am not familiar with the PDT function, I will forego that option. As a worst case scenario, we have a vendor with all the Nortel (Avaya) access options and reloads etc., that we can use. My question is, without port access to my PBX, how can they do anything? We lost dial up, ethernet and the local terminal access. We can't login to programm another port. We are flying blind right now. Would reseating the SSC card after a shutdown help? Maybe replacing the SSC? Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back