Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OPT 11c remote access 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

abovebrd

IS-IT--Management
May 9, 2000
US
We have been using MAT to connect to our OPT 11c switch and that seems to work ok. I would rather telnet directly into the switch. However something appears to be wrong when I try a direct telnet. Can someone shed some light on this process.

Telnet using Win2k / Pro Comm Plus.
The modem dials and the switch answers. But after the modem handshaking is done no prompt is returned to the screen ? Keyboard input does not seem to do anything ?

Any advise ? -Danny
dan@snoboarder.net

hi
try changing the baud rate i use 9600 also try settings VT100 and 8 n 1 Colin

Check your speed settings on the dip switches on front of SSC. Make sure these match your setting in ProComm. If this fails, try to connect with Hyperterminal at standard settings. This seems to work best for me.

Icelady

It turns out it was waiting for a password challenge before allowing the final call setup.

-Danny
dan@snoboarder.net

This is called an SEB modem....it is password protected before you even get to LOGI in the switch....

the password you type here will not be displayed on the screen and is most likely case sensitive..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back