Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OPT 11 connect via PC/Serial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redwoodbob

Technical User
Aug 26, 2009
US
I have an option 11 that I access by using RDP from my desktop to a PC that is direct connected to the PBX with a serial cable.
Once connected to the direct connect PC via RDP, I fire up procomm and log into the system to do whatever.
This set up has worked well, but recently, I am simply unable to log into the system.
I get a prompt but when I attempt to LOGI using known login info, I simply get;

>
TTY 00 SCH MTC BUG 11:44
OVL111 IDLE

I have attempted to completely shutdown and restart the PC that is direct connected to the OPT 11 as well as reset the serial port on the PC. It seems something on the OPT 11 is keeping me out.

What can be done, other than performing an INI on the PBX? I would prefer to NOT do a hard shut down and cold start.

Any ideas are appreciated.

What software release are you using as it was known on the very old versions, i.e. 16,18,20 & 21 etc that the TTY became locked if you were in LD 49 and didn't log out correctly. An INI was required.

Have you tried other TTY ports?. Does your system support Ethernet access?.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back