Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opsman issue to an sx2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitelsx2k

Programmer
Dec 6, 2006
GB
when connecting to a network element keep getting the maximum number of connections exceeded, the switch is an sx2000 i can login to the switch via the tracker and also to the inactive plane from opsman. any ideas thanks

On a 3300, I would be rebooting. Sometimes a 3300 can lock up a session if the user does not gracefully exit.

I can't remember ever seeing that issue on a 2K. Might something be accessing via telnet?

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

I'd try an activity switch and see if the problem persists when the other plane is active. Otherwise, dig into the Event Viewer logs on the OpsManager server and see if that gives you any clues.

@Lundah, I assumed activity switch was automatic (As it should be)

Never assume. I've seen systems where it's been turned off for *years*.

Never Assume" <-- I could spend all day asking clarification questions or I can make some assumptions. Nobody, including me, can possibly think of providing all pertinent info on a question. Sometimes its just easier to cut to the chase. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Yep.

Now that I think about it, I seem to remember running across a 2K release that had a bug relating to TCP ports not closing properly, that could be the issue here. I think it was a LW32 release? This was at least a decade ago, hard to remember the details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back