Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opinions or Comments about the AS5800 needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pc2mike

ISP
Dec 3, 2002
US
Greetings All,
I'm fixing to purchase an AS5800 to use for dial-up and ISDN connections for my ISP. Does anyone have any working experience with these units. Are they reliable, and are they "mostly" bug free. Any and all opinions are welcome as I'm also looking at the Lucent TNT-MAX, APX-8000 units as well. I need to purchase the unit in January for a move to a new CLEC. Thanks in Advance.

Mike

I'll be supporting 1000+ dial-up and ISDN connections.
I'm needing more info on the stability of the unit as
a whole. I've worked with the 5200/5300 units in the
past, and want to move to a larger unit. I'm sure there
are some quirks that will crop up, but I don't want any
issues that are not resolvable with either a configuration
change or a software update.

Thanks,
Mike

Mike,

Im probably not qualified to answer that question. If you're going to get an AS5800, I would talk to your local Cisco sales office and get a dial engineer with some experience on AS5800s. I could take some guesses based upon previous experiences with AS5200 and AS5300s, but since you've worked on those models too... :) Network Learning Inc

The only issue I have with talking to a local CISCO rep. is that they are bias towards their own product... I can see the conversation now... "No... no problems with the AS5800..." I was just fishing the list to see if anyone had personal exp with them.

Tks for the input ccbootcamp :)
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back