Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

opinions on 74 gig WD Raptor 10,000 rpm hd

Status
Not open for further replies.

InterlinkModule

Technical User
Sep 13, 2005
US
I'm thinking of buying the 74 gig Western Digital 10,000 rpm Raptor drive and making it my C:\ drive. Then I'd reformat my Seagate 300 gig into one large partition for music and stuff. What do u guys think? Is the Raptor a nice drive? Looks sweet. It doesn't support NCQ but should still be very fast.....

-=<>=-

InterlinkModule
Simply the fastest mainstream desktop drive available and favoured as the boot drive by gamers and power users alike.
Especially when a pair are configured in raid for performance.
Even SATAII and NCQ cannot make up the performance gap that 10,000rpm spin speed brings although it s getting closer.
They are however noisey and HOT! but then you never get something for nothing.
Martin

We like members to GIVE and not just TAKE.
Participate and help others.

Simply the fastest mainstream desktop drive available and favoured as the boot drive by gamers and power users alike.
Especially when a pair are configured in raid for performance.
Even SATAII and NCQ cannot make up the performance gap that 10,000rpm spin speed brings although it s getting closer.
They are however noisey and HOT! but then you never get something for nothing.
Well it will be mounted right behind two 80mm case fans. Everywhere I checked is out of stock so I may have to get it on-line....thanks for the reply!! :)

-=<>=-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back