Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opinions Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunslngr

Technical User
Apr 14, 2004
US
Here is another dumb question from the master.

I am trying to find a small 2500 set. Preferably one about the size of a cellphone. But it has to be corded. I wanting to make a cheap testing set. Any opinions are greatly welcome.

Thanks
Will

My first but-set was a modified cheap phone from K-Mart. I rewired the T & R with gator clips from Radio Shack. When selecting a analog phone to convert to a test set, you want to ensure that all of the functionality is in the handset.

The link below is to a $10.00 GE 29257GE1 White Trimline Memory Phone. Good luck!

Thanks Old31V i am pretty good at the electronic parts. I almost was going to buy a project box and tear apart an old rotary style phone. I might try one of those hands-free phones or a cellphone lookalike.

Will

Med-Pat makes a small phone that also has caller-id. That may be something you want to look at. 1-800-626-0410 I have this type phone installed in out labor and delivery rooms and they work fine for us.

Mike Jones
LSUHSC

Thanks Guys i ended up buying one at wally world. For seven bucks i got a phone with every feature on the handset. It even has caller id. Now i just need to make my cable and i will be all set.

Will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back