Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opinions needed, Paint Shop Pro with PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

mericat

Technical User
Jul 3, 2002
GB
Dear All

Recently I tried Paint Shop Pro and really liked it for altering photographic images etc. I have been managing with Corel Photo Paint for a while now and am finding it a bit cumbersome. I use PM 7 and wondered if any of you used PSP 8 and if so, what you thought of it. I am on Windows.

Thanks

Clare

Getting a thing about blues and purples

It's an excellent alternative (and some die-hard fans would say better than) to photoshop as you can do a lot with it. As for using it with PM7, there's no need to worry. Pain Shop Pro is justa graphcis creation tool, much like Photoshop, and as such, when you output an image file, you can place it in PM the normal way. PM doesn't really care where the image came from.

Thanks! That's what I hoped you were going to say.

Just a couple of things to add - I haven't used the newest versions of PSP, but in earlier versions it wasn't possible to convert colour images to CMYK - absolutely imperative if your PM file is to be output on a commercial offset press. Secondly (and again I am not sure on this) but can you check and/or change the resolution of PSP images? Remember that 300dpi is required for commercial output.

If your PM files are being printed in-house, then there is probably no reason not to use PSP.

We don't print in house, so you're right. That would be important. Thanks Eggles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back