Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opinions, input and suggestions for WMV to flash 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

VisaManiac

Technical User
Aug 12, 2001
US
Can you please give me your opinion, input and/or suggestions for converting WMV to Flash? I've heard that google & youtube utilizes this conversion and just wanted more info on it; and all I'm able to find so far are the conversion tools.

I have some training videos that I need to display, however here are my 2 main concerns:
1) Quality & size: I don't know if I convert them to Flash, if I sacrifice on the quality of the video or cause them to be too big.
2) Security: I'd like to keep my video as secure as possible, granted this is also based on how my video is displayed.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You do not need to sacrifice quality if that is important. Do you mean "secure" by you want to prevent copying? If so impossible - this is the same for any video format. You can however do a RTMP stream, which means users cannot just save the video file locally.

Kenneth Kawamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back