Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opinions from CE 9 developers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessebo

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2001
US
We are implementing CE 9 at my company and I was wondering what skill, in particular, would be the most helpful when it comes to doing development with CE 9. Would it be more beneficial to learn ASP, HTML, Java Script, VB Script? Any help from someone who is deep into it would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Bessebo

Are you going to use the ePortfolio sample app that comes with it? If so, I'd say learn ASP with Javascript as that's what it's mostly written in.

-= Hypermommy =-

I'd like to modify the ePortfolio so that it is more customized for my company. Do you recommend any technical resources on ASP programming?

Regards,
Bessebo

Minimal customization can be done using the CSS files, replacing colors, and a few graphics, I do this for most clients, minimizing the codebase.

Here's the colors:

CE uses CSP, not ASP, though they are similar.

CE also supports VBscript.

Here are some resources:

-k

If you read through the various note, help, and other documentation files that ship with CE9 you will find that CSP is to be depreciated sometime after the release of CE9 (whatever that means).

Information presented at CDUGNA last May seemed to indicate that a better development environment may be available with CE10 or CE11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back