Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opinion needed on a site

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwolden

Programmer
Aug 9, 2001
US
I just redid my cousin's site at She says "My site is looking pretty weird - big blank spaces, words on top of
one-another" I have a PC and she has a Mac, but I have no access to a Mac. Can both Mac and PC users take a look at the site and let me know what she's talking about? I have viewed it on my PC with IE 5.5, Netscape 4.7, Netscape 6.2, and Netscape 7.0 and don't see anything like what she's talking about.

Looks fine in IE6 [Peace][Pipe]
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
Groucho Marx (1895-1977)

Thanks, Cheech. IE6 on a PC or on a Mac?

[hourglass][hourglass][hourglass][hourglass]

dwolden, just checked the site on an IE6 winXP computer...and it looks good, just two things though:

1) Center the site, not to keen on sites left-aligned, leaves too much white space on the right side...
2) The navigational menu (under 'Featured Artist') should be a little down, the way it is now looks so cluttered...

Hope I helped...[smile] Forget the Nobel Peace prize, I just want to take over the world!! [hammer]

I'm on a MAC system 9.2 - Explorer 5.1 and the site looks like your cousin's described. Overlapping menu bar and a huge white space on the bottom right. Also Zammo images are a slightly lighter blue than the site's blue background.

Thanks, zavsays. Can someone look at the source and tell me why this is happening on a Mac? I'm at a loss.

[sadeyes]

-center you tables/pages....my neck is starting to hurt
-lift the menues up
:x?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back