Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

operator with no primary cov

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan8

Technical User
Sep 28, 2005
US
Have an operator that has calls transferred to her during the day. I have taken all her primary coverage off of which there 2 people because leaving them causes problems. The operator never gets the call back to her mailbox. I removed them & had to reduce her group cover to only 4 rings otherwise the calls do not reach her voicemail. Why is it that this would all of a sudden start happening. I asked the cust if he played around at all & he said no. What I'm thinking of doing is going into monitor & try doing a trace of her ext. Does anyone have a better idea?

what is the transfer return time set to? change it to 9. the more covers the longer the delay before going to vm.

When you say the calls are transferred to her during the day do you mean out of the Attendant? If so, make sure the dial 0 action is set to go to that extension and not the call answer service operator (which by default is 768). If it is being transferred to the CAS operator it will not cover to voicemail and it will just ring and ring.

An Operator position with a mailbox .. hmm That's Not usually done.
Maybe I'm mis-interpreting or don't have all the details ...

Operator can be in the COVER GROUP and maybe send it to an Attendant, but seems
unique that your saying calls not returning to (The Operator's?) mailbox....

Is the Operator Extension setup in vmail, and is that extension in the cover group ...

Outside these, then Telecomboy above points out the other condition you'll get a ring no answer
at an Operator position, further, if the Operator/Dial 0 is set to CAS then anyone dialing zero
out of a mailbox wouldn't typically get answered either.

MrTelecom1
Re-Living the AT&T/Lucent/Avaya issues since 1979!

All calls are answered by the Auto Attnd. During the day: 0 time out goes to ext 211 ( operator's pos/ receptionist.211 has a mlbx after 4 rings; if i put it to more then 4 it never gets to her mlbx.This is how i have it setup now.
Before it use to work she had 2 primary cover ext & if they didnt answer it went back to her (211's) vm.
I've tried putting it out to 9 rings it rang forever.Took off 1 primary cov,tried it no good.Took 2nd off still rang forever,no vm.That's why i'm back no cov & 4 rings max.It somehow has to be going somewhere else is my thought, That's why i said doing a trace on 211 or in bound cls when sent to 211.

When you add a primary coverage button for an extension on the Legend/Magix it extends the number of rings before voicemail (by 2 I believe). So, if you had it set to 9 rings and had two people covering it would ring 13 times before voicemail. My guess is it never rang long enough to cover to voicemail. Add the cover buttons back and decrease your group coverage for x211 down to 1 or 2. Play with it and see what works best.

Correct me if I'm wrong but when I extended it to 9 rings & I had 2 prim cov along with having rung at 211 first for 4 rings it would get back to her in 8 not 13,hence vm should pick up. Problem is I now have no prim cov & I can only use the max of 4 rings for her group cover. Something else definitely has changed & I can't put my finger on it.Any more brain storming would certainly be appreciated. Between Legend in "88" & Magix in "2000" I've worked on these switches as a troubleshooter for quite sometime but can't figure this one out.[/b]

The problem is the transfer return setting. Its max setting is 9. Change it. Then set your group transfer setting to 3 (to start), then add your cover buttons one at a time and test before adding the next. adjust the group transfer delay one ring at a time until it works for you. Also use a pickup button to answer the calls and not the cover button.

I'm trying to understand what you mean.The transfer return setting you're speaking of is it the system setting of 9 rings? And the grp trans setting is for vms, also system correct.

The coverage settings are per extension, in the extension settings ..
The GROUP Cover is typically your setting before it covers to the vmail calling group.
The Primary Cover setting, is how many rings before it starts ringing the Primary cover stations.
Review secondary cover as well ..

Do a PRINT EXTENSION REPORT on your Ext 211 and review/post here ..
It will list the groups and covers + features associated with the station.

As 1043 mentions, the systems Transfer return plays a part, but is typically not in effect in a COVERAGE case.
Of course, if transfer Return is set to LESS than what the group cover is, then it's going to come back to the transferring station .... O NO, a Voice mail Port, where they Zero'd Out!

Set your Transfer return HIGHER than what your Group Cover setting is ... This way the Group cover condition can
rout the call to vmail with proper follow-on digits..

*** Question.. Is this on COPPER CO trunks, a T1, a PRI, or DID's ?

MrTelecom1
Re-Living the AT&T/Lucent/Avaya issues since 1979!

dan8

I haven't been back to change anything since my last post.It's a PRI. All calls come into auto att immediately day & night. 0 timeout goes to 211 & she is the operator. After a call is transferred it rings 4 times & it goes to 211's vm. This is with no coverage. System transfer return is set at 9 rings.If I add any cov at all it does not go to 211's vm & is not picked up. A pkup button doesn't work simply because they can't hear her phn where they sit.
I believe the cust changed some parameter, because they had cov before with 2 people. I don't like going back without the solution. What am I missing?

2 things could be in play here.

1) The DIAL ZERO Time Out action in the AA could be set to "TRANSFER TO MAILBOX". You would have to dial in and listen to be sure.

2) The Operator could have inside coverage set to off. Printing the Extension Information would tell you.

-merlinmansblog.blogspot.com

Today I'm going back to try some things.I checked the 0 time out it sends the call to ext 211 not a mailbox. I also checked to see if inside coverage was turned on & it is. The transfer return timer is set for 9 rings & vms transfer return interval is set for 4.Any other suggestions. I really want to solve this today. This cust has been extremely patient.

Well I went back to see if I could solve this problem & the answer is no. I left with the 0 timeout still going to 211 & 211 still cannot have her group cover for vms set for more than 4 rings or will not get to vm.Also if I set it for 4 rings & add 1 prim cov to another ext 204 it will never get to vm.I cannot understand this, something changed because this was working. I've compared the sys all printouts from 2009 & 2013 don't see what could have caused this. Merlinman my feeling is a routing problem & back in the day as a tech working with you guys i used monitor to trace. Do you have another suggestion.

dan8, if you still need this fixed, send me some customer contact information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back