Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Operator Station Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmceuin

IS-IT--Management
Apr 7, 2009
US
First: not a phone guy. Have a Merlin Magix/Legend Hybrid/PBX. Single office setup. Took over this site 2 years ago. Now they are saying the operator hasn't been working from the beginning. Apparently they want it to "roll" through instead of call everyone in the coverage list at the same time. I guess like a hunt group instead. Suggestions? Also one of the numbers in the coverage group does not ring with the others. Ideas? I can post prints if that will help.

A suggestion;

Put the "COVER EXTENSIONS" in a CALLING GROUP and set the group to be a LINEAR HUNT.

Of course, this requires the "AGENTS" to LOG IN when they are available and LOG OUT when they are not.

By setting it to LINEAR HUNT, you can have it go to Extension A, then B then C, but A will get the call FIRST if it is NOT BUSY.

Is that the kind of operation you are looking at?

Will that work for the operator number though?

Temporarily adding the user to the Primary Cover. But now it rings with the operator. The others do not. They have Primary Cover 5200 -D (where 5200 is the ext). Hers though has -I. Can't find any documents via web search or search on Avaya's site for this difference. Help?

the "-I" indicated Immediate ring, while the "-D" is for Delayed.

Go to the phone, Spkr, #00, press the cover button, then dial *36, and Spkr. That will change it to delayed ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back