Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Operator cover to General VM with primary and secondary coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 20, 2001
US
Im trying to setup the coverage group with VM on the receptionist phone console.

The receptionist physical personal extension is 117, the virtual operator extension is 110.
There are 5 other people (extension 120, 121, 134, 138, 171) that will cover this 110 extension

This is what I would like to do:

Extension 120 is the primary coverage
Extension 121, 134, 138, 171 are in secondary coverage

When the receptionist doesn't pick up the phone, ext 120 will ring. If ext 120 doesn't answer, then 121, 134, 138, 171 will ring in order, one after another when no answer.

If all extension are exhausted, it will go to the General VM

What I did was put 120 in the Prim Cov with Delay, and the rest of the ext's in the Sec Cov with Delay. Extension 110 is in the VM group 30.

What happen was the Prim cov ring after 3 rings, then all the secondary will ring after 3 rings. If all no answer, then it went back to the receptionist and stay there for good without going to the General VM 500

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks
Kenny

First off, this is not a way to treat customers, it's way too many rings. The coverage path you want is like this: Primary with immediate ring - primary with delay ring - secondary with immediate ring - secondary with delay ring - group, i.e., voice mail. Consider that when it gets to voice mail, the caller has heard about 10 - 12 rings.
110 must be in the voice mail coverage group, as well, but with this many coverage points you have a whole lot of ringing prior to voice mail. Also all coverage must be set to cover 110, not a subsequent covering extension, you can't cover a cover.
So... try this: set up ONE extension as Primary-I, ONE as Primary-D, One as Secondary -I, and One as Secondary - D, then send it to voice mail.

Pepperz at newper dot net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back