Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Operator calls to another location

Status
Not open for further replies.

srmega41

IS-IT--Management
Nov 3, 2004
US
I have multiple sites, and would like to set it up so users can dial 0 and reach our operator at another location. I know if I had IAS, this would be easy, but it is not turned on in the new switch. I have tried everything from adding a VDN in the console parameters to an X port console, and nothing works.

Any suggestions, other than getting IAS?

You could try ARS digit conversion "0= send to xxx-xxxx.

Haven't tried it with operator but it may work.

The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat.

Albert Einstein

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

OK, I was not clear on my first post, as I meant the internal operator. We have a console operator here at the main site, and another site connected via IP trunks does not have IAS, and I just want them to be able to press 0 and get the operator (console) at the main site.

Since I have to use aar, the ars conversion will not help me.

Thanks, and this may not be possible, but i knew the smart folks here would be my best bet.

Thanks in advance,

Scott

Just an idea, may not work though.

Set an AAR for 4050 where 4050 is an AAR that points to route 50.

In route 50 grab the trunk to the other site.
Strip all of your digits (4050) and then toss in a 0

When you dial 4050 it should AAR to the route, hit the trunk, eliminiate the digits you dial, and replace them with 0 and reach the operator at the other location.

Thanks.
Matt...

Matt,

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually did something similar; in that I created a VDN that points to a vector that routes to a 4 digit number in my aar table, which then points to 0 on my end. The issue with the aar is you cannot strip all 4 digits of a 4 digit extension. I can strip 3, but not 4. My end goal was a hope of mapping a way for the far end to just dial 0. The first part works, I was just hoping to make it so the far end can just press 0, and get my operator over here.

Great thoughts,

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back