Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Operation Invalid Without Current Index...HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keberhard

Programmer
Mar 11, 2002
US
I read the previous post that dealt with this issue, however I didn't understand the reply.
Basically what happens is this...I open the back end of our database and none of the table show up in the database window. When I click on the tab to display other objects in the window I get the "Operation invalid without a current index error". I have tried numerous things to get this worked out and nothing has been successful as the database we are working with is rather large. If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them. THANKS!

Keb. Havne't followed this. You can always "import" your tables into a new blank database. Works when problems like these arise. One option anyway. I'll do a little research in my texts.

Right. When I try to import from the back end I get the same error. The only thing we've found to be somewhat successful is when we run make table queries. We then delete the links and essentially have a new back end. However since this database is so big we are having a hard time getting all the data into the new tables.
It's really just a mess.

Keb: been out of town. Sorry about your problem. Sounds like a mess. I can't imagine myself letting a single mdb get that large. After 100,000 records I'd be in a second mdb, or find some other solution. Can't think of a thing, actually, have never had this problem. I'd write a bit of code, to see if I could export from another mdb, but I'd be like you, at a loss. I'm sure if you had any expertise on the INDEX code behind you might have something. Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back