Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

'operation failed' message when trying 2 access Server Recipients

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdcr

IS-IT--Management
Oct 3, 2001
US
In the Exchange Administrator utility, when I go to Organization/Configuration/Servers/EmailServer/Server Recipients, I receive an error message reading "The operation failed. Microsoft Exchange Address Book ID no: 80004005-0000-00000000" Checking on the M$ Knowledge Base, they say it relates to moving a mailbox, but we haven't done any moving for a long time (this behavior was just noticed 2 days ago). I can see the list of Recipients by just going to Organization/Recipients, but I think that something must be wrong with our Exchange. We also had a user who couldn't access her email even though network connections were present and she had the correct information for her profile ('name could not be resolved' error) and another user who is included in the office distribution list but receives no messages when someone sends a message to the list. Is this sounding like corruption, and if so, what can be done to recover from it? Thanks

dear mdcr
i have the same problem ,did you find a solution for it
if you did,please let me know ,thanks
magedgh@yahoo.com

In our case, it was corruption, and it is still occurring, even after running the M$ supplied online defragmentation and repair tools. Our last option will be move Exchange to a new server; luckily, we have only a handful of users on that server and rather than migrate, we will just have them all save their email to .pst's and then reinstall Exchange on the server....

Has anyone figured out another solution? I am having the same problem and moving the mailboxes to a new Exchange server is not an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back