Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opera supposed to be fast .. but ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

wifeOfHotFat

Programmer
Sep 7, 2001
AU

Hi all, for those who are using Opera, I wonder if you have encountered the same thing.

When I first started using Opera, it's amazingly fast. Now, it's getting sluggish. I've cleared the cache and stuff in Preference, but it's still going slow.

Any explanation?

thanx,
maggie.

never had anything like this with opera.

is it slow for all pages, or just pages with flash or java?

if everything is slow then it's probably something wrong with your system, like some spyware or something.

it could be java, spyware, trojan, or virus in your system.

check your system throughly.

i've been using opera since version 4, it's still the most stable and the fastest of all browser in windowz. ----------------------------------------
There's no good nor evil, it's all in the mind.

It is more than likely because of cache management. Reduce the size of your disk cache a bit. Also, reducing the number of days that a link stays marked visisted will help enourmously (prefs, fonts, link presentations, days marked visit)

Opera is not spyware in any way shape or form.

Tried Opera for a week. Very slow. Wanted to set a ram cache but no go??

Back to microsuck for IE - - - |:-((

Guys, go to
news://news.opera.com/opera.tech
to solve all kinds of problems, including these. There are excellent news groups at news://news.opera.com/, don't miss it!
You won't go away without an answer.

As for me, Opera is the fastest and the best browser ever existing!

> Opera is not spyware in any way shape or form.

Well, let's not go nutz. Opera gives one choice or the other in almost every version (unless you register):
spyware or adware.
PERIOD.

They didn't make Opera for love, they made it for money.

(Yes, yes ... I know about the early / beta Opera versions like 1.0. Obviously, Im not talking about those, because you and me arent using those, and they weren't even advanced enough to be functional, much less tricky.)

This is not to blame them, of course. The only thing I don't like is that they buried the 'spyware' connection until public pressure finally forced the issue.

Opera. Full stop.

The rest just don't compare. Steve Butterworth
Time is what you make of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back