Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opera on the MSDN site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamChamberlin

Programmer
Feb 17, 2001
US
Anyone else here find it funny and odd that the MSDN(Microsoft Development Network) Site does not display right in opera unless you change the settings in opera to ID its self as IE 5.0 Just something odd and funny I noticed. Oh and version 5.10 of opera is out and its really keen gear. For lack of a cooler way to discribe it. 5 words "built in mouse gesture control".

On a related note, I tried to download IE5 updates and Win98 updates from Opera (that was 5.02) and got a message..Your browser is not blah, blah, blah... each time I tried to download. Works OK with Netscape or IE. For some reason Opera just seems to operate faster on d/l plus they have the little window which tells you the status.

B-(
PhiloVance
Other hobbies, interests: Travel, Model RR (HO Gauge), Genealogy.

Interestingly enough, since this thread began, MS has made changes to the MSDN site and -- for me at least -- MSDN now works better for me in Opera than in IE5.0! In fact it is completely unusable in IE5 due to perpetual run-time errors.

Of course, MS uses so much IE-proprietary code on all of their sites that it will never display as intended in any other browser!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back