Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OpenUI module 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

technoknow

Technical User
Apr 19, 2002
US
When trying to install the OpenUI module using the wizard I get an error message that MIVA Empresa Engine Version 4.0101 is unsupported. I've contacted OLM to have them upgrade the Empresa, but I havent't heard back, is there a way to install it without using the wizard?
Thanks,
TechNoKnow

I've opened a ticket at Openui.org to see if they can help.
It seems that you really don't have much design control without having the OpenUi module. I'm trying to list multiple products on the same page but can't get multiple columns. If I'm not able to install the OpenUI would another plugin for the MMUI help me with design issues?
Thanks,
Jim

Dynamic Templates is a terrific package. The screens are controlled by template files (screen.*.tmpl, for the most part) that are stored in the miva data directory. You edit them with any text editor (probably one that supports *nix line endings) and then upload the changes. It's the same method for using templates with the OpenUI Supermod, but doesn't require OUI.

That said...4.0101 is terrible and OLM is not a very reputable Miva host. We left them way back in our infancy. You should really look into Hostasaurus, Cybrhost, Driftwood, or DotComDesigners. All have excellent reputations.

--Susan

Yes, I agree that OLM is a terrible host, Ive since moved to Cybrhost and haven't had any problems at all. They supply OpenDesigner with their package and it is really the answer to all my dreams!
TechNoKnow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back