Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OpenType font in Quark XPress 6.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckdesign

Technical User
Sep 21, 2001
US
I was working on several documents using New Century Schoolbook (OpenType font), and Quark 6.5 did a fine job flowing the text and exporting PDFs. The next day, I went into the same documents and could not open them -- QXP crashed upon opening the docs.

After disabling the font in Suitcase X1, I was finally able to open my documents. But now, whenever I load the fonts again, the documents crash.

I know QXP 6.5 doesn't handle OpenType fonts well, but since it worked fine the previous day is there a workaround I can use to get back into those files, so I can at least export the PDFs and finish this project???

Thanks.

-- Chuckdesign :)

Delete your font cache. Assuming you're on a Mac: Macintosh HD > Library > Caches > com.apple.ATS. Delete this folder (you'll need administrator rights) and restart. You can also search for a font cache cleaning utility like Font Finagler or Font Nuke. At one time I found and app. called Tiger OpenType Font Cache Finagler, but can't seem to locate it anymore.

Thanks, Matzki. That seemed to work great!

Much appreciated.

-- Chuckdesign :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back