Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OpenText LiveLink WebDav Windows 10 Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalinsomniac

IS-IT--Management
Apr 27, 2016
GB
Hi,

I am running a windows 10 upgrade for my company and am having an issue with OpenText Livelink. The owner for this application has moved on, so I'm finding it difficult to get any information about it or pre-reqs.

I am having an issue getting the OpenText Livelink Webdav component working on Windows 10.

The components I am installing are OpenText LiveLink Editor 10.5 and OpenText Webdav Component 10.5.1.

However, when I go to add ins, in IE11, I can't see the WebDav plugin, whereas on a Windows 8.1 machine, I see Webdav Content Server.

When I navigate to a WebDav folder on IE11 (Windows 10), I receive the error message "Failed to navigate to WebDav Location, Your system probably does not have web dav client installed #0,0,80004005.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

WebDAV went the way of the DODOs a few months ago; it is no longer being supported, nor will it receive updates.

You no longer need WEBDAV. It was mainly used for drag/drop purposes, however, with version 10.5, as it uses HTML5 for that purpose, WEBDAV was no longer needed to be installed (manually; it is now installed automatically as of 10.5 by the installer on the server). This is good, there was a period of a time where there were numerous issues isolated to just the WEBDAV module/functionality alone... and probably why they got rid of it. Good riddance !

I am not familiar with "Livelink Editor 10.5"; in 10.5 the out of the box modules related to this title are Content Server Web Edit, and Content Server Text Editing (those were just copied/pasted from one of my environments). The versions in 9.7.1 were sometimes installed with Livelink Explorer (renamed to Enterprise COnnect), specifically: "Livelink Text Editing", and "Content Server Web Edit" (installed with Enterprise Connect 10.3.1; the last supported version of EC for Livelink).

I would remove WEBDAV off your server, and install Enterprise Connect MODULE on your server. On your workstations, remove Livelink Explorer (and its components), and install Enterprise Connect 10.5.2. One of my points is, you no longer need WEBDAV, as of 10.5. Also, Livelink Explorer is not supported on Windows 7+ workstations; however Enterprise Connect 10.3.1 on your server and 10.3.1 Clients on your Windows 7+ workstations will function (but no longer supported). They want you to 1) Upgrade out of Livelink as it hasnt been supported for 3 years now, and to toss Livelink Explorer (hasnt been supported for several years either). Once youre on a solid 10.5 environment, Install EC Module, put EC on your workstations; no more WEBDAV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back