Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OpenText Fax Gateway - PRI frame slip 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

grh959

Technical User
Nov 14, 2003
US
I have an OpenText Gateway 2100. I had instructions on how to check if my PRI T1 was slipping/errors but have misplaced. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I guess I've been lucky that I've never had to touch mine in the 5 years or so we've had it. I have some documents, but I don't have anything for troubleshooting. I have an account on their support site, but I don't see much of anything except an installation and configuration guide. I'd give them a call or e-mail: support@opentext.com (800)540-7292

LoPath
Maintain HiPath 4000 V5 & V6, OpenScape Xpert V4 & V6, OpenScape Xpressions V7, OpenScape Contact Center V8, OpenScape Voice V9

I tinkered some more on their web site and found this:

Fax Gateway - How to monitor for Clock Slips

Article ID:KB562666

Applies to

Fax Gateway for RightFax 2100 series

Summary

In the Fax Gateways, you can identify if there are Clock Slips in the environment.

Resolution

1.Log into the OpenText Fax Gateway from a web browser by browsing to <The IP Address of the OpenText Fax Gateway>/FAE.
2.FAE needs to be capitalized. For example, "192.168.x.x/FAE".
3.Click the CMD Shell button on the top left of the page.
4.Enter the following Commands in order: 1.ps
Hit enter.
2.ph
Hit enter.
3.pqts 0
Hit enter.
4.pstpm 0
Hit enter.
5.pgpm 0 0
Hit enter.
6.Hit enter.

Within the menu above the Command Line, you see these three fields:

ControlledSlip =
ErroredSeconds =
ControlledSlipSeconds =

If these are anything but "0", you are experiencing Clock Slips.

Additional Information

Clock Slips cause issues with receiving or sending faxes. They need to be resolved before further troubleshooting should be done.

Generally, the Clock Slips can be resolved by changing the Bus Clock source to Network, and the Clock Master to Recovered. Please call Customer Support for more information.

LoPath
Maintain HiPath 4000 V5 & V6, OpenScape Xpert V4 & V6, OpenScape Xpressions V7, OpenScape Contact Center V8, OpenScape Voice V9

This is it! I think there was a shorter way onle in the cmd shell but this works regardless. THANK YOU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back