Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OpenText Content Server 16.2 Update RM-Records Detail of Sub Items Through REST API

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssubram05

IS-IT--Management
Feb 19, 2008
IN
Hello,

We are trying to update the RM Record Detail of a folder and its sub items by executing OpenText REST API directly through Postman for both options (PUT, POST) - PUT /nodes/{id}/rmclassifications and POST /nodes/{id}/rmclassifications. We are unable to update the sub-items with both API executions. The Records Detail gets applied on the parent folder without any problem but it skips all the sub items. We tried both the parameters 'RMApplytoSubItems' and 'apply_to_sub_items' but none of them work. Any advice to make this work will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.
Suhas

REST is pretty new it's just being made to work for normal DM operations. I did not check but has OT come up with REST for RM? can you point me to the API documentation?

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

Hi Appu,

The API documentation is located here
-> Resources ->API Reference -> Records Management V1

The direct URL (please use IE browser instead of Chrome) is We are trying "Apply RM Classification" implementation and were told to use the parameter either 'RMApplytoSubItems' OR 'apply_to_sub_items' (not found in the documentation) but none of them worked.

Please let me know if any further details are required.

Thank you

Ok, thanks for that I never realized such calls existed. I don't have a 16 system to look into hopefully I will look behind the scenes and tell you if OT has that functionality. Have you tried asking in the developer site...
the code is looking for this
this.apply_to_sub_items

so in REST I would think you would be passing apply_to_sub_items=TRUE
Give it a shot and run thread logs and connect logs and see if that works.
I don't have a working rest system.

You also want to ensure your DA Distributed Agents are working and in a kosher condition like are the queues getting generated and do they actually show progress

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

Thank you for the information. We will try passing apply_to_sub_items=TRUE with Thread and Connect Logs enabled along with WantLAPILogs=TRUE as per your suggestion. Verified that DA Distributed Agents are working fine.

I have posted the same question in OpenText Developer's forum but have not received any response yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back