Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OpenServer6 NIC drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

motoslide

MIS
Oct 30, 2002
US
SCO lists dozens of "CERTIFIED" network adapters on the Hardware Compatibility list for OpenServer6, yet there are only a few to choose from in "netconfig". Specifically, my test server has a 3COM 3C905B-TX which isn't detected. 3COM's site only has drivers for 5.0.X, and nothing newer than 2001.

Has anybody else installed OpenServer6 and had to add a network driver?

Well, in the interest of passing along information....
I was able to get the 3COM adapter to work in that system by disabling the "Plug-n-Play O/S" option in BIOS. This wasn't required for OpenServer5 on that same PC, however.

One nice thing I noticed as a result is that I was able to add the drivers for the card, assign an IP address, and get it on the network without rebuilding the kernel or rebooting. That's an improvement over OS5.

It is a shame how SCO supports network adapters !! Hopefully 3Com runs ok. Install the driver - usually it need tar or even shell procedure (!), rearly "scoadmin software". Then (only then !) it could be installed via netconfig

Stankow,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back