Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OpenScape Office MX V3 display modification

Status
Not open for further replies.

juldal

MIS
Jan 26, 2005
DK
Hello

In one OpenScape Office MX system, there are 3 companies, company A, B and C

When each of the different companies is called, in the OS40 phone it should say what company has been called, to be able to present the customer with the right presentaion.

And, the customer does not want automatic presentation in a voice prompt.

anyone knows if this is possible in the OSOMX?, in the hipath 3000 series, it is no problem.

best regards
juldal

This is a really off the wall solution that I an using on my 9006 boxes, and I guess if no one presents a better solution it can't hurt to try...

I'm in a healthcare environment and we run an answering service for all of our clinics. All of their night lines ring to one group of phones with about 20 line appearances on them. The entire problem here is that the people answering these phones are too lazy to look at what button is flashing before they pick up the phone so they know how to answer it, and all the display shows are the CID digits of the caller.

So in this non-elegant solution, all of the line appearances on the phones are phantom numbers: 39XX. There is a second set of matching phantom numbers: 35XX - these are the numbers the clinics are given for their night service extension. The NAME on the 35XX extensions are the name of the clinic, as are the names on the 39XX extensions, but I doubt that matters. All of the 35XX numbers are variable call forwarded on all conditions to the 39XX numbers, and what happens in this whole long aggravating process is that the PBX "forgets" the number of the person who was calling and inserts the NAME from the 35XX extension - so now the person sees "FAMILY MED CALL" or something similar on their display and they answer the phone appropriately.....

So anyway, like I said - someone might have a much better way, but that's the kludgey way I did it!

Hi

I have had this same issue with gettin names to present instead of the numbers.

Create your virtual extensions as you normally would and assign the number to it, then go to call forwarding and set up the call plan you want there. now the fun part, assigne one phone override class of service and Associated Dialling services. go to that phone and do *83 virtual number then *97 for do not disturb

this will force the phone to ring the DND extension, then step over to the proper call plan!

It took me about 3 weeks to get it to do that!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back