Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OpenScape Enterprise Gateway Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

plokijuh

Systems Engineer
Aug 12, 2017
AZ
Hi guys. I need assistance in configuring Enterprise Gateway.

What I have for now.
Installed EcoServer with OS4K_V10_R0.28.0 as Enterprise Gateway.
AP370013 with installed LTUCR card.

What I can't understand how to connect it to the Main Openscape 4000 V10 as Enterprise Gateway.
Is Enterprise Gateway going to use Eco's native switch port or I need additional STMI Card?

Never done this before.

Thanks in advance.

Not sure I understand your question, because you say you've installed it, which means your IP address allocation is complete, but you need the IPs to connect back to the main 4K. So I don't know what you've done.

An IP shelf on a 4K, be it NCUI, Access 500, EcoBranch, Enterprise Gateway all work the same way. The signaling to bring the shelf in service comes from the SIPCO IP addresses, which should also be visible in the main 4K firstinstall XML file, along with their bindings to whichever NIC you chose. A successful connection there makes the shelf READY. But you will not be able to call between the 4K and the shelf until an STMI (2,4,X) is configured in the main 4K with board function HG3570, that card provides the voice payload.

Thanks for the answer Moriendi.

That is exactly what I want to know.

As I read recently Enterprise Gateway is a replacer of NCUI2+ since OpenScape 4000 V8 R1.
So the rest of the connection scheme has preserved, if I'm not mistaken.

"But you will not be able to call between the 4K and the shelf until an STMI (2,4,X) is configured in the main 4K with board function HG3570, that card provides the voice payload."
STMI card should be connected to the switch or what ?
To be honest, I can not understand the connection schema.

The STMI gets an IP address from BCSU and must be connected as normal to your data switch. The IP address on the card must be able to route to the EntGW. So a functioning IP shelf needs 2 LAN connections on the main 4K, from the processor for the signalling, and from the STMI (BFDAT must include HG3570) for the RTP.

Thank you, I think I get it now.

So I can use the same already configured STMI Card, which was used with NCUI2+.

I just need to transfer ip configuration to from NCUI2+ card to Enterprise Gateway.

Did I get it right ?

Yes that's correct. If you already have an STMI working to NCUI, that card will continue to work fine for Enterprise Gateway. If you have 1 STMI and 3 NCUI, the single STMI will serve all NCUI cards. If you have three STMI and 1 NCUI, all STMI cards will serve the NCUI, "round robin" style, the load is shared. You don't "tie" an STMI to an NCUI, anything available will be used in turn.

So just use the IP config from the NCUI to populate the Enterprise Gateway, obviously you will need new IPs for the Linux etc, but then it will all work. Easiest way to build the install XML is with the GenXML tool.

Thank you very much Moriendi. I got it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back