Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OpenScape 4000 V7 with IPDA and SPE. Problems with NCUI board replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omenas

Systems Engineer
Jan 9, 2020
LT
I have a problem. Maybe you can help me. OpenScape 4000 V7 system with IPDA and SPE encryption. One IPDA had to replace a faulty NCUI board. Through the CLI I set the board addresses and everything else, the board responds to Ping. However, the IPDA stands for "NPR" and cannot be accessed through a web browser. Through SSH everything is ok.
I read in the manuals that in systems with MEK, after changing the NCUI board, a new MEK (set new MEK xxxxxx) must be manually entered through the CLI.
I don't know what MEK I need to enter. Writes it to be 16 characters, but where do I get it?
Can you help me?

I've never did/tested, but try over :
Assistant -> Signalling and Payload Encryption Administration -> ’Configure Automatic MEK Distribution’.
And check ’MEK / Passphrase Distribution Log’
Maybe you can see in that log the
Master Encryption Key.

I've already watched there. It only states that MEK distribution has succeeded or failed

NPR means "not present". (I believe) regardless of software the system should still see the board in the slot. If it doesn't like something it will typically say WBT "wrong board type". Whether or not it works or not is up to the software. If you have never used the software before, remember it is like programming a Cisco router - you have to tell it to allow you to write changes, you make your changes, tell it to save them, and then exit write mode. If you forget to save your changes, for example, everything will revert at the next power cycle. I assume you replaced it with the same board part number? Like didn't put an NCUI2 where an NCUI4 was or something like that... :)

Don Bruechert, Voice Comm Analyst II
CareTech Solutions @ Holy Family Memorial
Manitowoc, WI, USA

The OS4k IP Solutions manual contains this scenario.
You need to add a MEK manually for the new AP in Assistant (exact option was mentioned by adibv above) and then add the same MEK on the NCUI. The MEK is any 16 characters string.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back