Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opening up an Existing Excel Workbook and worksheets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 5, 2003
US
I'm fairly new to using VBA...I primarily use VB but basic functions. Let me describe what i'm trying to do first: i created a userform that basically has 5 command buttons. with a click of one of those buttons (each button is for a bank branch), a report is created with several dollar amounts. Prior to this, a date is asked for because the report that is made prints out the last 15 days of "As-Of-Today" Balances, along with the previous three month end "As-Of-Today" balances. so the first thing i need to do is open up the proper workbook (named "Automation") and then depending on the date that is entered by the user (in the format of "##/##/##"), the program will bring up the correct worksheet (each worksheet is for each month of teh year (jan '04, feb '04, etc...). And because i havent used VBA, i'm not sure what the code is for opening up the right sheet. I hope this isnt confusing...please help!!

I tried that code, along with different variations and it gave me a runtime error '438'--object doesnt support this property or method.

Any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back