Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opening Remote sites with Frontpage and Widndows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carldavenport

Vendor
Oct 12, 2015
GB
I have been using Frontpage 2003 for a while. Since installing Windows 10 it won't let me open my remote sites. The column where the files should be listed is blank. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Microsoft Frontpage 2003

Will Frontpage 2003 work on Windows 10?

See Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting\Programs\Program Compatibility Troubleshooter.

Have you tried right-clicking on the shortcut to the program, or the .exe, and selecting the "Run As Administrator" option? Do so even if your user is an Admin.

Try right-clicking on the actual Setup.exe and selecting the "Run As Administrator" option? Do so even if your user is an Admin.

You may be better off trying forum256, though I wouldn't expect many to be still using FrontPage as 2003 was the last release before it 'morphed' into "Expression Web", there is also WebMatrix which is one of those M$ rarities, .... Something for nowt' with no strings attached to it [bigsmile]

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back