Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

opening remote site within frame

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdumas

Technical User
Jul 8, 2004
US
Is there a simple way to set up a framed layout so that when you click on a link from one of the frames, it will open up a remote web site in the main frame. I'm creating a shopping cart site but for me to customize the site for my client, I want to open up the web based shopping cart within a frame which will leave the look of the site consistent with the rest of the pages.

If you go to you can see the layout I'm working on. I want it so that when you click on jewelry, it will pull in this url in the main window:
I don't want the whole site to be frames because of the search engines. Just the category pages.

I did this with an older site of mine but I remember running into lots of problems making it work.

Thanks for your help

it looks like it is working sooo ...:(?

"I did this with an older site of mine but I remember running into lots of problems making it work."

-LOL, so u have not learned you lesson?

read/google up more on:
"Why are Frames bad"
"SQL Injection/URL injection"
"Dynamic Pages \URLs and Search Engines"

before you make your decision on this design

small hint on frames:
make a "top frame" acrros browser window
================
top frame
================
| nav | content
| nav |
| nav |
| nav |
=================|

so that at least your patern has a smooth transition

All the best!

:--------------------------------------------------------------------------:
fugitive.gif

ok,ok...I did shoot the deputy but he told me he was the sheriff!
:--------------------------------------------------------------------------:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back