Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opening R14 drawings in LT2000i

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandy01

Technical User
Jan 14, 2002
GB
I have been trained in R14, and have just started to use LT2000i in my new job. No problems with the software except after opening R14 drawings that contained raster images. Since that time I have had countless "Fatal Errors", crashes, freezes. Have checked windows system files for corruption but nothing found there. Anyone had the same problem? The only other change to my PC was the introduction of a scanner and associated software. Could this be the problem?

The problem you are having has got to do with the fact that you are going from a full version of CAD (r14) to a LT version...The lt's dont really support raster images as well as the full versions inc r14. As you may have noticed the LT does not have an Image Manager. What raster files do you have? Are they BMP or JPG etc..? You can use the IMAGE command to check the images....

In LT, there is no command to insert raster images, if you can open the drawing that has the raster image, do so, and then remove the image.....here is some more info..

The IMAGE command shows existing raster images previously inserted into a drawing, but it cannot add new raster images. To insert a raster image in AutoCAD LT, use a predefined template drawing that contains a raster image. Template drawings can be created using AutoCAD® software.

Use the IMAGE command to display the existing raster image, and change the path to specify the image you want; use the COPY command to insert additional raster images.

If you have no template drawing available and AutoCAD is not available to create a template, you can download a sample template file:

1. Identify a website that contains a downloadable drawing file template with a raster image.
2. In AutoCAD LT, click File > New and select Use a Template.
3. At the choose the template prompt, click Browse.
4. Click Search the Web (the globe icon) and in the Look in box enter the URL and file name of the template drawing.
5. Click Open. Jay~

My new Tae Kwon Do website is up and running!!

~KeyTech

Sorry.....one more thing I forgot to mention..
If the images are .tif images, this may be the problem....

see this article...

[tt]AutoCAD® 2000 and AutoCAD LT® 2000, and later releases of the software, do not support LZW compressed TIFF files.

If you have TIFF files that were created using LZW compression, and you want to insert them into a DWG file, you must resave the TIFF files with LZW compression disabled.[/tt] Jay~

My new Tae Kwon Do website is up and running!!

~KeyTech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back