Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opening "Databases" Folder In Enterprise Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebies

Programmer
Mar 7, 2002
US
Hi all. Every time I connect to my web host's SQL server I can connect and do everything quite quickly. However, when I initially open the "Databases" folder it takes upwards of an hour before all databases are displayed in EM. (Simply freezing EM while it downloads all this data.)

Is there a way to cache these databases or only have Enterprise Manager open just my database. My web host must have over 500 different databases, but I only use one of these.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I realize I can use SQL Query Analyzer, and already do, but there are features in EM that I do enjoy working with too.

Andrew

If you're the administrator, create a new login on the host server, and restrict it's access to only 1 database (the one that you need).
Then register the server in EM using the new credentials. You should then only see that 1 database.
hope this helps

Thanks, that sounds like it would work, unfortunately I'm not the administrator and I highly doubt my ISP will make that sort of change for me.

Its strange that my access is restricted to all databases except mine, yet I can still see all of the other databases.

Hmmmmm.

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back