Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opening .PST and .OST Without Outlook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DawnP

IS-IT--Management
Sep 25, 2003
US
Hello, I have .pst and .ost files that I need to open and gain access to old emails. Problem is that I do not have Outlook currently installed. Are there any free programs that will do this on a Windows 7 PC? Or do I have to bite the bullet and purchase Outlook?
Thank you

I know you can import .PST files into Thunderbird with the PST import add on, but I havent tried it personally.

Heres a link to an article with the addon:
Thunderbird is open source(free), just Google to download.

"You don't know what you got, till its gone..
80's hair band Cinderella or ode to data backups???

The above may well be good, not tried it either [smile]

As for your OST...in the absence of Outlook you will need to convert it to a PST before you could try the above from BrBob Take a look here- - there's a link to a download for a small exe called ost2pst...now that I have used successfully [smile]

However, if your PST is an export of your entire mailbox when you stopped using Outlook and your OST is from the same mailbox then it could mirror your OST anyway, as that is just a local cached copy of your mailbox.

I used to have a handle on life... but it broke. Cpt. Red Bull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back