Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opening ports on IP006 GNet Internet Gateway Router

Status
Not open for further replies.

awparsons23

Technical User
Nov 11, 2002
CA
I am having trouble using a product called Eyeball Chat behind the firewall that is build into this router. The Eyeball website gives a possible solution as follows:

(page URL listed)

Step 1. Enable Eyeball Chat to work with static ports. To do so download v2.2 registry patch to your desktop, locate the file and double-click it to install.

Step 2. Open the following ports in your firewall (may require assistance from your system administrator):

- UDP ports 5700, 5701 and 5702 and
- TCP ports 5500 and 5501.

Eyeball Chat should then work correctly.

I want to be sure that installing the patch doesn't mess up anything else, as the router is working fine for modem and printer sharing.
I also am foggy about how to open the ports as indicated. I would very much appreciate it if anyone could assist in how to set my router to open the ports listed. Alternatively, I could use advice on whether turning on DMZ may help.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Arch Parsons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back