Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

opening pc word docs in mac quark

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawnclarke

Technical User
Apr 14, 2003
CA
I am running Quark 4.11 on Mac OS 9.1. Whenever I try to import a word document created on a pc, Quark stops responding and I have to force quit or restart the computer.

I used to be able to import these files, but over the last few months, it stopped working. I use it quite often, and its kind of a pain to open the file in Word and resave it as a mac file.

I tried updating the Quark Xtensions that allow you to import word documents, but it still won't work.

My coworker is running the same specs as me and has no problems importing these documents.

I have been trying for months to fix this, but have not had any luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey...

I don't know if this will help - but I always just use the "get text" command. It grabs the text (sorry, no formatting usually) from word documents. I am using 5.0, but it worked for me in 4.0 as well.

Hoep this helps

Hi Dawn

I wrote a VisualBasic application to sort this problem out - and it retains formatting - bold, italic, underlines

Send your address to me at tektipsdude at hotmail and i'll mail it to you

(sorry to be cryptic about the address)

Kind Regards
Duncan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back