Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opening page in Frontpage from Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

RM6002

Technical User
Mar 26, 2010
GB
I have a website which I edit in Frontpage with 3500 individual pages each with seperate web address. I hold information on these in a access DB & would like a hyperlink in the DB to open a specific page within Frontpage but cannot seem to be able to do it. Can anyone help.

Try this: open windows explorer (not IE).

Tools/Options
Click on File Types tab
Click Change...

Note what has been selected in case you wish to revert it

Browse to Program Files/Microsoft Office/Office10/frontpg.exe

Click Open

After that windows explorer will associate opening htm files with frontpage. If you then click on the hyperlink in access, it will open the file in frontpage instead of windows explorer.

Hi
Thanks for the help. I have opened windows explorer.
Tools
Folder Options
File Types
Not sure what to do next. Am I looking for a particular file type & what am I changing ?
Thanks

Hi
I have been fiddling with it & have followed your instructions. I have changed the setting for html files in Pub Explorer folder to open in frontpage. When I go into the file directly & open a page it now opens it in frontpage. Brilliant.
However when I set up a hyperlink in Acess
S:\Pub Explorer\dorset\pub\blackbearwool.htm
It still opens in Internet Explorer.

That's strange: mine always opens in FP. There may be 2 html extensions: htm and html. Maybe you've just changed the .html ones but not the .htm ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back