Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opening on Last record

Status
Not open for further replies.

dulla

Technical User
Feb 3, 2003
hello. i am try to set the default to open on the last record of the subform that i have. when i try the following:

Private Sub Form_Current()
DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acLast
End Sub

it works, but the record is locked, i cant add new record or navigate. when i try this command (DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acLast) on form load it only works on the first record when the form loads, when i switch the records on my main form (clients) the subform (client stages) open on the first record. any ideas on how to open a subform on the last record even when the record on the main form changes? i hope i am clear. thanks.

ameen

You are using the wrong event. This one will never let you do any record but the last one. Choose another event to do what you want - maybe open_form.

Rollie E

Remember troops, if these tips help click the this helped me icon above. Tips without appreciattion = less tips

Can you modify the subform's recordset to sort in descending order?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back