Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opening new windows ( _blank) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gussy1

Technical User
Dec 22, 2002
IE
How can I ensure that a new target link with "_blank", will open FULLSIZE and not just a small window in the center of the screen.

Use the
Code:
window.open(url, name, features, replace)
script function instead of a single link. In
Code:
features
parameter, you can provide width and height of the popup. To use this method without changing the graphical look of your link, do the following :
Code:
<Script language=&quot;javascript&quot;>
  function openFullSize(url) {
    var features=&quot;fullscreen=yes&quot;;
    window.open(url, &quot;_blank&quot;, features);
  }
</Script>
<!-- old link above
<A href=&quot;toto.htm&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;>open the window</A>
new link above -->
<A href=&quot;#&quot; onclick='openFullSize(&quot;toto.htm&quot;)'>open the window</A>
Water is not bad as long as it stays out human body ;-)

That worked but opened the window 'really' full-screen. How do I do the same but keep the toolbar visible so the page title can be seen, the window can be closed, back-button pressed etc..?

What I really want is a [red]maximized[/red] window and not [red]fullscreen[/red]!

I'll assume that you ask because you don't have any inline or paper help, not because you're too lazy LOL LOL ...
So... I'll answer :
replace
Code:
var features=&quot;fullscreen=yes&quot;;
by
Code:
var features=&quot;height=600, width=800&quot;;
Water is not bad as long as it stays out human body ;-)

Not lazy, just quite new to this.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back