Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

opening images

Status
Not open for further replies.

haynsie

Technical User
Aug 16, 2006
GB
I'm using Paintshop pro version 9.1, and am having trouble opening images from explorer.

Whenever I double click on an image associated with PSP, PSP starts but then displays the error messgae "cannot find file at D:\..etc" I have tried re-setting all my filename extensions, but to no avail. If I drag the picture into PSP when it is already open, then it displays fine.

Any ideas?

Dave.

Which explorer? There is the Internet Explorer Browser and the Windows Explorer which is a file manager. I usually run Firefox browser and PowerDesk 6 for file managing. I now run PSP X but started with PSP vs 5 and upgraded everytime it changed.

I usually run PSP first and browse through folders for a file and double click on it to open it for editing in PSP.

If I see an image in an IE or Firefox browser page I want I right click on it and copy it. Then I run PSP and paste it as a new image. I do the same thing from my email servers (Outlook Express and ThunderBird)

When using Windows Explorer and see a JPG image I am curious about I double click on it and PSP runs with that image on the screen.

You can also change the program that opens a file by right-clicking the file, clicking Open With, and then clicking the program name. If the program you want is not displayed, click Browse.

when using open with, and browsing for the program notice that there is a check box at the bottom "always use this program" this will make sure that all files of this extenion are associated with PSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back