Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opening existing Excel document

Status
Not open for further replies.

debbierich22

Programmer
Sep 25, 2001
US
This seems to be a really simple request, but I just can't figure it out. From my ASP page, I want to automatically launch a spreadsheet I have stored on the server after I have updated some data in that spreadsheet.

I have a macro that runs on the opening of the page. Originally, I had it running when a range in the spreadsheet changed and I was changing the range from my ASP page. It turns out that the macro won't execute if the Excel application is not running. (I am not sure if that is expected or that is a problem.)

So now, I have changed the macro to run on open of the spreadsheet instead of on change of the cell's contents.
After the update, I now need to open the spreadsheet within the Excel application to kick off the macro. How do I do this?

Well I think this is the easiest way. I would just embed the excel file into an IFRAME on the page. Of course the user would be required to have excel for it to work.

I hope this helped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back