Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opening excel file in TS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lostboy3

MIS
Jan 23, 2002
US
I couldn't find the answer anywhere, so here it goes we have about 400 users on 9 terminal servers "4.0". I've seen this problem on another citrix network only catering to about 10 users
this problem occurs without outlook but it's easier to explain this way.

When a user recieves an e-mail with an excel attachment, whether they double-click on it or they right-click on it and then click open. An hourglass will appear for about 10 seconds then go away nothing will happen. In order to open the excel file they have to save it to a network drive then open excel then open the file from excel. This only happens to 1 out of 5 users even if excel has been working long before hand, but once it happens, it always happens.
Is there a fix? Or am I going to have to live with the work around?

Any info would help
thanx

It sounds like something to do with office.
In fact it sounds like excel file associations have broken in some way.
This is true if you have to open excel before to open an excel file. ie you cant doubleclick on an excel file.

Does it only happen on certain machines?
or for certain users?
It might be the profiles of certain users are in someway corrupt .

this might be relevant:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back